CD stuck in player

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone know how to get a cd out of the standard cd player in the ST?

I believe that the lable on the cd is somehow sticking and is keeping it

from ejecting. :( Thanks for any help in advance :rolleyes:

get a credit card or something like it and stick it in there and press down on the cd, and it should come out. Usually worked when I use to have my stock and it did it to me.

boodro

What matt said is CRITICAL with the CD players in the Sport Trac more so than most other vehicles.

Our radios generates TONS of heat, the label loosens up and either slides or the edges lift. Once either of these things happen you have nothing but issues.

On my 01 I attached a 12 volt computer (PC) fan to the backside of the radio. Had it wired to an auxiliary wire. When the ignition was on, the fan was on. I NEVER had an issue again.

Ford then did the same thing after me, but,,,, it cost too much money so they changes the radio style later on.

Thanks for the info.... I have noticed how hot the unit gets. I let the unit sit overnight, I used the credit card and was able to get the cd with the label to eject. Will make a copy of the culprit. No more cds with labels!

Thanks to Boodro and the rest for the comments.