CEL question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Dean

Reaction score
My cel came on, I had it checked the code P0401 which is the egr valve. Replaced it but the cel keeps coming back on with the same code. Do you think it is a bad valve?

Could also be DPFE Sensor. If you're still in warranty, there is a TSB for the DPFE, so you could get it replaced for free (again, if you're in warranty).

The valve is fine. That code is not the EGR valve.

Replace the DPFE sensor. Cheap repair and only takes a minute.

You wasted your money replacing the EGR valve that was working fine in the first place.

Tom

I'll be the third to jump on the bandwagon, it's the DPFE sensor. Mine went Dec '05. Cost then was ~$30 at Napa (who bought it from the local ford Dealer). Depending on what year you have the new sensor will be larger then the old sensor, mine was.

Again, I thought emissions related equipment and sensors were covered well

after most 3/36,000 warranties expired, at least for the original owner?

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Thanks!

I read about that somewhere, but I didn't pay much attention to it. I'm thinking it was close to the 75,000 mile range, because I have 82 on mine and i got the CEL a couple of weeks ago. Said it was the EGR valve but I followed everyones advice and replaced the DPFE sensor, after driving around for a day the light went away! :D

31.99 from auto zone here in Phoenix