Center armrest broken ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Rogers

Reaction score
Hi

My center console / armrest is broken, ( kid crawled over it ). It is beyond super glue repair.

Anyone know where I can get a replacemet one cheap. Mine is gray, but I think all I really need is the plastic that goes under it. The top part is good.

:)

Thanks

Contact Rusty at Spartan Lincoln/Mercury (one of our sponsors). He can order you one at the cheapest price you will get from any regular Ford dealer. But be aware that those interior and trim items can give you some real sticker-shock! :blink:

...Rich

You cant order the part seperate from Ford. I tried and was told i needed to order the whole console, which is completly stupid. Anyway, look to Ebay, they have many armrests and you may even want to consider getting a newer full console if you have the shorty bag one. I just got one from Ebay at a great price.

If it is the one with the bag, you do have to order the whole arm assembly. Mine is broken also. I have tried to glue it several times and it works fine till somebody put weight on it. The one on Ebay will work if all the places on the cushion part where the screw fasten, are intack. When I took mine apart the back four above the hing are not solid. They are in the shape of an L with angled sides. Then a metal clip is slipped over the lip to hold the screws. When the flat part of the arm rest that connects to cushion breaks it breaks the last two clips off. I have foundi it is impossible to glue anything in there to hold the screws and stay. It seems everytime I take the ST to have something done, it comes back with the arm rest broken again. I am going to check with a friend of mine who sells used cars to see if he has a place I can get it cheaper. I am also going to see if any junk yards have one. If I wasn't plaining on getting the 07 ST job 2, I'd go on and get a new one. I've also got to get a side panel for the front drivers seat because the plastic bracket broke on it too. There needs to be something to fill in the gap when the arm rest is down so that when presure is put on it it doesn't go down and break. I hope this makes sense, cause I'm writting at this at work.

Darrel

You guys should get in touch with a member here, coastiejoe, he can get you junk yard info and costs.

I ordered just the top of the mine, but I have the full console. My wife's dog chewed the leather off. I think it cost me somethign like $50

If its the short console, the one with the bag, you should be able order just the bottom section, the pivot mount with hinge assembely, from Rusty at Spartan Phone: 1-800-349-4703. Calling is the best way to get ahold of him. I purchased one about a year ago. It been a while and I'm not sure on the price but less than $50. Had in onlt a few days.

Latest posts