Central security Control Module reprogramming

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GenesisAsh23

Reaction score
I have found out my central security module is going out. My power locks aren't working. As they unlock and they don't lock. But I hear a sound clicking sound from that box area near the passager side.

So, my question is would I have to reprogram it. If I swapped out the dying box with a junk yard one or one from eBay?

I have a 2005 Ford Explorer Sports Trac.

Could be the wiring in the door OR the lock actuators themselves.... Id test that first.. Re programing is useless.

Curious... will they lock if the doors are open?
My front doors would not lock and the rears were starting to have problems. Everything would unlock fine. After I replaced the body mount bushings they all started working perfectly. Body sag can cause all sorts of problems with the doors. Might be something you would want to tackle first if your bushings are shot. It's relatively easy and cheap.

Curious... will they lock if the doors are open?
My front doors would not lock and the rears were starting to have problems. Everything would unlock fine. After I replaced the body mount bushings they all started working perfectly. Body sag can cause all sorts of problems with the doors. Might be something you would want to tackle first if your bushings are shot. It's relatively easy and cheap.
Rarley, but i hear a clicking nosie. i feel like the box's relay is shot. i might try resoldering it.

Latest posts