Changed the fluid and had a little scare

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred

Reaction score
I changed my tranny fluid Saturday. I've changed enough transmission fluid to float a battleship, but with all the trans stuff I've read, I felt a little uneasy about doing the Trac. Anyway, after carefully doing the job, I took it for a ride and the first 3 or 4 times it went into OD, it shifted with a jolt. Boy, talk about pucker factor kicking in. Anyway, after those first few OD shifts, it's doing great now. Whew.

I was going to try the EPC solenoid adjustment, but thought I might be better off this time just changing the fluid/filter and seeing if it would still roll!

News at 11.

Fred, cool deal, I know you would have not been disappointed if you upped the EPC a little...

Todd Z

Thanks Todd.

I'm going to tweak the EPC in ~15,000 miles. Mine has the delayed reverse (slight) and a very slight, occassional, 2nd to 3rd flare.

I still wasn't exactly sure which/where/what was the EPC. Took some good pictures of the tranny with the pan off though. I was planning to post them this weekend so you could, if you wouldn't mind, grab my nose and put it on the right part! :D

I saw a bank of solenoids (?) on the drivers side, near the back, but also saw what I thought might have been actually where the adjustment would be made on the back of the VBody.

I also bought a drain plug like the one Caymen has. Chickened out on that too. I want to call the dealer that I bought it, and the extended warranty from, to be sure the plug won't cause me problems with a warranty claim, should one arise. (knock on wood)

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!