Cheap Gas

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelson Atwell

Reaction score
I am thoroughly enjoying the cheap gas here in the US. I rented a 2007 Escape to drive to KY from BWI (Baltimore). The first fill-up I was pleasantly surprised to spend only $40 for a fill-up. It has cost me over $70 to fill my Mazda3, since the prices in Poland are now $6.50/gal. You guys don't know how lucky you are. :)

Neslon your right regarding high cost of petrol in Europe vs the States. I live outside of Baltimore and fuel prices are higher since two years ago but not $7-8 a gal./liter across the pond. I paid 2.70 a gal. for diesel for my 2005 VW Passat TDI locally. I think diesel will be the trend for cars and light trucks in the future in the States. In Europe diesel power makes up 35-40% of all vehicles on the road. European govts. have large subsidies for diesel use which raises their fuel price via taxes. I'm sure you knew that from living their. Safe travel.

John

the gas is the same in europe as it is here, the difference is in the taxes. think about that the next time a politician tries to tell us we should have "free healthcare". I lived in europe for 8 years. I was not impressed with socialized medicine. you wait, just like at the DMV. the quality is lower, the doctors were un-motivated.

The new diesels were great though. I cant wait til they start marketing them here. A sport trac with a nice 6cyl turbodiesel would be a good combination.

shame daimler had to sell chrysler, I was looking forward to the grand cherokee and chrysler 300 with a mercedes diesel. I cant understand why hybrids even exhist, they dont seem to get much better mileage and their cost is high. Oh well, if I can get a nice turbodiesel then I can do what my euro friends all did to cheat the system. they would run a blend of heating oil (low tax) in their diesel cars for about half the price of number 2 diesel.

but we do have it good here, perhaps that is why so many other countries are hateful of us. I know I would be jealous.

cheers,

Oh. Sorry. As far as airports are concerned, BWI is pretty nice. At least there is something to do during the long layovers. :)

What did you do in Poland for a year? Where did you live?