Cheap ways for horsepower/torque

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Throttle body spacer, Tornado fuel saver, Electric supercharger, Intake air temperature resistor, Fuel line magnets.... :lol:

Should get you 300HP in your mind and about $300.00 bucks of wasted money out of your wallet...

Todd Z

For more thrust, i.e., greater acceleration, get smaller tires. Your RPM will be higher, but you'll get more push off the line. Just curious, but why do you NEED more HP?

The cheapest way to increase horsepower is to remove the intake silencer. It's free, except for an hour or so of your time. Search the projects section for information.

After that, it gets expensive fast. The range of mods runs from a $45 intake kit off e-bay to a $4000 supercharger. The Sport Trac engine is really pretty efficient and powerful for it's size. Most mods just add a few horsepower, although they can add up. If you want to add horsepower on a budget, I think I would do the e-bay air intake kit first, then a new y-pipe, then a cat back exhaust. At that point, you will need to get a chip tuner to re-calibrate your engine's computer to take maximum advantage of the new parts.

Smaller tires (lower, not narrower!) will give you better acceleration if they need changing anyway, but it will hurt your mileage and top end power.

It just took out the intake silencer and noticed a little differene but i also put in a new k&n air filter sdo i hope that helps.

Latest posts