Check-Engine light & Codes

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay Dunn

Reaction score
I just tested my truck & got back 3 codes PO401, PO171, PO174. The PO401 is the EGR w/ the next 2 being O2 Sensors. Could the EGR Valve cause the 2 O2 Sensors to go out of whack? Or is there another entity that could cause this? I have looked for that cracked elbow but found no crack. I just find it hard to believe that all of these codes are actually what happens?

:wacko:

The second codes will be the following UNLESS you have a 01 Job 1. Any job 2 and newer up to and including the 05 model will more than like have the below information be the cause of your codes of 171 and 174.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

The EGR code you have more than likely is DPFE or the sensor, they are very common failures. Pretty cheap too, like $32.00.

Last edited by a moderator:
That hose is cracked, i was looking @ the top one instead of the bottom. Does anyone know the part # for that hose to order from ford or can u get it from Autozone? & I know there used to be a project for replacing that, where excactly can I find that project?;)

Ford only, although many have replaced it with other hoses for $4.00. Keep in mind, being part of the EVAP system some fairly caustic fumes pass through there. So do NOT put anything to cheap in it's place.