CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael moore

Reaction score
I HAVE RECENTLEY HAD A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COME ON MY 2001 S/T WITH 108000. MILES . WENT TO ADVANCED AUTO . THEY HOOKED UP THERE CODE TESTER IT CAME UP WITH A PO151 AND A PO131 . REPLACED THE O2 SENSORS UPSTREM AND DOWN STREM . NOW I HAVE A PO171 AND PO174 THIS HAS TO DO WITH TRUCK RUINNIG TO LEAN . THE TRUCK DOES NOT RUN ANY DIFFRENT AS FAR AS I CAN TELL. ADVANCED AUTO DID CLEAR ERRORS BUT THEY CAME BACK IN A FEW HOURS . I AM LOOKING THROUGH MY HAYNES REPAIR MANUEL I HAVE NOT FOUND INFO YET ON WERE TO LOOK NEXT . CAN SOME ONE HELP . SIGNED: DON`T WANT TO GO TO THE DEALER AND PAY A FORTUNE .I ALSO WENT TO THE CHAT ROOM AND LEFT A MESSAGE THERE .

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME ......

IF it is a job 2 motor, there is a vacuum elbow under the throttle body that will crack and cause the lean issue and those 2 codes.....

You have to remove the elbow to check it...

The 02's heaters probably burnt upo trying to heat the sensor to get it to read correctlyt The elbow is a 5/8 PCV elbow. about $5.00... Or get the complete pipe from ford for about $25.00

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts