Check Engine Light On!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Thompson

Reaction score
My check engine light came on yesterday. (truck is working fine). The shop wants 80 bucks to do a diognasoic (sorry for spelling). thats crazy. what my question is. the Xcal. is it really really worth it. i just don't want something that expensive just to play around with a couple of times and then throw in the console and forget about it. I know that i can just buy a code reader. but might as well spend the extra to get the goodies.

what is your opinion and how often do you use yours if you have it??

One of the Best things I have got for my ST.

Better Performance. Better MPG (if you keep your foot off it.) I run the 93 Peformance tune by Torrie A site sponsor

Can read and clear codes.

I have one for both my Ford vehicles.

( I run the 87 Performance tune for the Ford Focus By Doug Site Sponsor)

Places like Auto Zone can scan the code fro free..... get it read and let us know...

ALSO adding an Xcal to a ruck with a CEL is a huge NO NO...

Todd Z

Like Todd Z said. Most autoparts stores and ever some kwikie lube places will check your codes for you for free.

Get the code and submit it to us here. 99.9% of the time, we will be able to tell you what is wrong and how to fix it.

Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before you tell us the code. Trust me! Do not make any repairs before yo

AHH Canada! i think the only thing free here is healthcare! Cheapest place i could find is 50 bucks.

So once again is the Xcal totally worth the price. Will i see a increase in fuel milage with the right program?? how much of a diff??

Thanks

I went from about 12 MPG to about 17 MPG with the help of a Zabtek Throttle Body and a Zabtek Sticker on the Back window. this is mainly what I would call Highway Rush hour traffic. I could get more if I kept my foot a little lighter. and wasnt in Stop and go Traffic on my Commute.

But Like Todd said.. dont flash the computer until you have cleared and found out what is causing the CEL.

If there is someone near you that has the XCAL, they could read the codes for you too..

I went from about 12 MPG to about 17 MPG with the help of a Zabtek Throttle Body and a Zabtek Sticker on the Back window

Yeah but which one actually gave you the better gas mileage? The throttle body or the sticker? :rolleyes:

I was saying.. the XCAL helped the MPG when I went to the 93 Oct tune, from the factory 87 tune.

the Throttle body was installed about 6 months before the XCAL was used.

Sorry I got off Subject a little..