CHECK ENGINE light.. Please help..

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Griffith 2

Reaction score
Light came on today. Strange cause the Trac's been runnin great. Only thing I can think of is I took it to have the oil changed last weekend.. They used mobil 1 synthetic.. I was running castrol synthetic before..They did do an "engine flush" which the guy described to me as an additive that helped get the grimy oil out.. Any thoughts...:huh:

Back..no visable cracks.. I felt the underside as well, no cracks..:wacko:

Fyi.. I keep replying to the post cause for some reason it doesn't give me the edit option.. (and yes, I'm logged in)

Head to autozone or someplace and get the code.. without that it's just guessing.. (not that I know the answer anyways, but someone else will)

We need the code to adequately help you....

do you have an xcal?? you can scan the codes with it..

Todd Z

if you take it to Autozone they can retrieve the code for you and give you an explanation of the code. Also, they can print out the code for you which will give you a few of the possible causes. Autozone's data base for the codes comes directly out of the OBD II book. If it still seems like rocket science after going to autozone you can call a ford dealer and tell them the code and they should be able to give you a general idea of the problem. good luck with it.

Why would you do an engine flush? If you been using syn. oil, your engine wont be grimy. He soldyou some snake oil. Must have been jiffy lube.

As Todd said need the code, this post is useless without it;)...