check engine light

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett Hartwig

Reaction score
Regarding the last couple posts on this subject-- Where would I find this vacuum elbow that is supposed to cause codes #P0171 and P0174? Sounds like exactly what I am having problems with, dealer told me the engine was running lean. Sounds like what everybody is describing would fall right in line with that diagnosis. So where do I look?

see if this helps

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=598488&SUB=598505&sitename=mysporttrac

Last edited by a moderator:
check the elbow!!! The dealer will rip you off!! I just went through this....check my post about 3 below this!!!

Here are some pictures for you.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

The photo is nice, unfortunatly, there isn't much to show where he elbow in proximity of the engine.

Tom

picture was great, just had to orient myself. Actually kind of a fun game for a few minutes.:D. Found it, looks fine. If mine comes on again I will take another look. At least I know what to look for. Thanks everybody.

Don't just look....take it off completely and examine it!!! Really!!! Mine looked fine until I pulled it off and there was the crack!! Believe me, I know.....don't just look at it!!!

Latest posts