Check Engine Problems CODE P1400

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay Dunn

Reaction score
hello to all, Anyone that can help it is greatly appreciated. I have an 02 ST & just replaced the elbow under the throttle body & Changed the DPFE sensor & cleared the codes in my engine, now after about 5 days the check engine light came on & now I am getting a P1400 code, It states manufactures emission?? The Autozone people tell me that I have to take it to the dealer. Does anyone know or havethey experienced this code & know the fix w/o paying the dealer to run a diagnostic on the truck. Thanks

Jay:wacko:

This is out of the book P1400 - DPF EGR Sensor Circuit Low Voltage Detected The EGR monitor checks the DPF EGR sensor signal to the PCM for low voltage. The test fails when the average voltage to the PCM drops to a voltage less than the minimum calibrated value. DPFEGR circuit short to GND

Damaged DPF EGR sensor

VREF short to GND

Damaged PCM

A DPF EGR PID reading less than 0.2 volt with the key ON and engine OFF or running, indicates a hard fault _Ron

That is pretty much greek to me? Does that mean the DPFE sensor that I just replaced is bad & giving me a different code this time? The code for DPFE was a 0401 code, & now it is the P1400?? Which part does that book say to replace?? Thanks

Latest posts