Check This Out

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny O

Reaction score
I finished funeral director school and am currently doing my required one year internship at a funeral home (the owner has five in the county). During my interview when they asked "Why do you want to work in the funeral business?" it was hard not to answer with "So I will have more cars to play with." :grin:

Anyhow, we have two stretched Lincoln MKT's, one hearse and one six door limo, both 2013's. They are leased from a livery service, we pay a lease but they pay us rent for the garage since they can send a driver to take one or both for another funeral home if needed. Part of the deal is that we have to have all service done at the local Ford dealer and they reimburse us. Car guy that I am, I notice that the hearse seems to need front wheel bearings (hey, I drive a Sport Trac, I know what bad wheel bearings feel like). It was due for state inspection so I tell our maintenance guy to get that looked at last Friday at the dealer. Today he tells me that they said the wheel bearings were okay but it needed tie rod ends. Now the kicker is that the Ford dealer refused to do the work since it is a "modified vehicle". Then WTF good are you? Oil changes are okay but you won't do tie rod ends?

Despite the tie rod ends and nearly bald front tires, these yokels put a new sticker on it. :driving:

Latest posts