Checking interest... (07+ V8s)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dingo

Reaction score
I've been designing and working for quite some time on some forced induction kits. If I could offer these kits, all made by reputable manufacturers, how much interest would there be? Pricing would be similar to comparable kits for other vehicles.

1. Twin screw intercooled

2. Centrifugal intercooled

3. Turbo intercooled and not intercooled.

Additionally, all would come with the option of either having a tuner included, or including an SCT tune for those of you that already have tuners. The kits would be model specific for the Explorer, Mountaineer, and Sport Trac, and would be bolt-on kits.

Someone please let me know I haven't been wasting my time.

I'll take the twin screw intercooled. You will have to figure out how to get it into my '04..:lol::p...couldnt resist, devil made me do it..;)

edit; with the 4.6..

Last edited by a moderator:
Fast Eddie... You want me to sell you an extra .6 liters of displacement? I'm running a special.

Any idea on a ballpark price for the twin screw intercooled? I have an Xcal2. BTW, who's blower were you planning to use? Saleen, Ford Racing, other? What about the 6-speed auto? Are you planning any tuning upgrades for shift points, etc.? Will it handle the extra power? What octane fuel will be required? :cool:

The stock tranny will handle the extra power. 93 Octane will be required. I can't disclose yet who is going to make the blower, but it's a great name you all will recognize.

Twin screw for me! I'd rather S/C my 07 ST than my 05 mustang GT. I will definetly get one if one ever comes available while I still have the ST.

very glad to hear this!!!

1. What are the numbers 100+hp I hope!?

2. Is it a Manifold replacement like teh KB or a centrifugal style?

Dingo, If you provide me, the 08 Adrenelin (in black) with the appropriate toys and I will test run all equiptment for you in this COLD state! :lol: ;)

Any more news? BTW, what were you planning to do about the fuel system? I would assume larger injectors but what about the fuel pump? More air is going to require more fuel or you will risk a lean burn situation. Don't need no stinking burned pistons, man. :unsure: