Checking into a mild lift (2-3") for my 2005 4X4

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nevadabob9mm

Reaction score
What is the most reasonable way to go? Don't want to break the bank, just wanting to improve the stance. I'd have a shop do it. Any thoughts or pics?

I would consider a body lift,, they do not look bad on gen 1 tracs,,a lift is pricey and hard to find, i had to do a ton of mods for 4 inch lift and if i had to do again, it would be body lift and would do myself..i love my lift and it is awesome for clearance and off road but a body lift is 200 ish and suspension lift well i do not want to be laughed at so i will not mention cost. my lift is a superlift. 4 inch with airlift in cab adjustable rear.

I would consider a body lift,, they do not look bad on gen 1 tracs,,a lift is pricey and hard to find, i had to do a ton of mods for 4 inch lift and if i had to do again, it would be body lift and would do myself..i love my lift and it is awesome for clearance and off road but a body lift is 200 ish and suspension lift well i do not want to be laughed at so i will not mention cost. my lift is a superlift. 4 inch with airlift in cab adjustable rear.
Get leveling kit 4 inches in front 3 in back , same suspension. Cheep put will except 33.5s no problem

I’m looking into a body lift now, 1.5” or 2”. For my 03 I did the rear shackles and TT. The ride quality using the TT is horrible. I see it on every forum not sure I’m the only one experiencing bad ride quality.

Also by doing the TT, it will shorten your ball joints life. They’re all at a bad angle. Might bring it back to stock and just do the body lift to get the same look but with better ride quality

I’m looking into a body lift now, 1.5” or 2”. For my 03 I did the rear shackles and TT. The ride quality using the TT is horrible. I see it on every forum not sure I’m the only one experiencing bad ride quality.

Also by doing the TT, it will shorten your ball joints life. They’re all at a bad angle. Might bring it back to stock and just do the body lift to get the same look but with better ride quality
My bars are cranked all the way up and the rude is good

yeah I believe after a 1in body mount lift you'll need to mod or lift the radiator, bumper mounts, gas hose etc. Im seeing that only body mount kit online that's 3in. Not sure might look into that
I thought about it st first but the amount of work it takes, it's stupid not to do the 3"