Cherrybomb Glasspack?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Childs

Reaction score
Has anyone heard good things about the Cherrybomb Glasspack mufflers? I was searching around and stumbled across these, and wow, what a good price. My friend has this on his car and he said that the sound is pretty sweet, but I would rather have some second opinions before I shell out any amount of cash on something for my pride and joy. I am wondering if these would be a good match for my truck, if the sound would be good and if they would still provide some good performance for how cheap they are. Or, should I scratch these and try to find a good deal on a Flowmaster or Magnaflow or something of the like?

I should probably note that I am planning on doing my exhaust myself, I really don't have the the money to dish out for a pre-fabricated cat-back set-up, so pretty much every component of the exhaust would be completely custom (thank goodness my dad has connections). Well, every component except the Randomtech Y-Pipe if I can find a good deal (yes, I saw the one for sale in the swap and sell, but I can't afford it right now, thanks anyway though).

Any and all help is appreciated, thanks guys

Craig C:

From my experience in the 70's...if loud is your thing, Cherry Bombs are for you. Seems like they get louder the longer they are on the vehicle. They were the 1st thing to go on my 72 442!

Take care,

Gary
:)

Go to the Exhaust sounds project. Riverviewjp had Vortec Cherry bomb's on his trac. Not sure if they are the glass packs but I would think so.

I dont like glass packs with tail pipes. They make a rackity back sound. If you are going to dump them underneath without tailpipes. They can sound powerful but you loose alot of low end torque.

Wow. I put Cherry Bombs on a vehicle I had in the 60's. Didn't know they were still around. After I turned 18 I never really saw the need for them.

I put glasspacks on an old car I had dragged the mufflers off of, since they were the cheapest thing available. I got pulled over for excessive noise just driving down the street at a steady speed. And they only got louder with time.

Shortly after that I replaced the entire drivetrain, suspension, brakes, and exhaust on that car. I never bought another set of glasspacks.

dreman, I to got a ticket for excessive noise when I was 18. It was an old plymouth police car with blown out glass packs. I was criusing 35mph. Motorcycle cop got me.:lol:

Yeah, that car taught me a lesson in low profile. My next car was more low-key, MUCH quieter and a lot faster. I rarely got pulled over unless I was doing something really stupid (130 in a 35, anyone?). I really enjoyed three lane streets, so I could leave the flashy Trans Am and Z28 that were racing each other behind at the light. And if tickets were given out, they usually went to the flashier cars!:p

I've got a pair on my warmed up 302, almost dumped straight from the muffler. I've yet to really run them though, but they sound real decent just revving in the driveway. On a stock V6? Nah...go with a Borla or something with more substance in the sound.

Cherry Bombs have the amazing ability to make any old clapped out beater with a V8 sound rumbly in the driveway, and at the same time can even make a Mercedes V8 sound cheap at full throttle (if anyone with a Mercedes would ever put glasspacks on their car!)