Chunky noises

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prance

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
I Hear clunky noises From the front of my truck when pulling in the driveway uphill or Backing up the hill, Sound as though something is wrong with the front deferential and it also has a slight drag when turning the left or right at slow speed. Bought it a year ago with 141000 miles on it v8 engine. Does anybody know what the problem could be?
1000005332.jpg
1000005332.jpg

Sounds like bad ball joints to me.

Welcome to the site.

I Hear clunky noises From the front of my truck when pulling in the driveway uphill or Backing up the hill, Sound as though something is wrong with the front deferential and it also has a slight drag when turning the left or right at slow speed. Bought it a year ago with 141000 miles on it v8 engine. Does anybody know what the problem could be?View attachment 5389View attachment 5389
I would suggest taking it to a shop for inspection. It's almost impossible to diagnose anything though the Internet. Most shops charge a minimal fee for an inspection and some will credit that fee towards labor on the repair or waive the fee if they do the repairs.

I would also check the coil spring towers, check the bushing on the top. I had a Jeep that had clunking noise and I practically rebuilt the front end chasing that noise down only to find out that bushing had dry rotted 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

I would suggest taking it to a shop for inspection. It's almost impossible to diagnose anything though the Internet. Most shops charge a minimal fee for an inspection and some will credit that fee towards labor on the repair or waive the fee if they do the repairs.
Thanks for the welcome to the forum.And thanks for the advice

Most likely stabilizer links on front. Common issue. Lift truck by frame and see if there is a gap in them. Just google it and there should be a video online

Thanks, PJ...I will have my mechanic, check it out

Thanks for welcoming me into this prestigious club.. I have a question, I bought my truck 18 months ago and it did not come with any floor mats so I'm looking for the original 2010 Adrenalin floor mats front and rear. Do anyone know where I can purchase
The mats from? I have checked the internet to no avail.

The local pick n pull parts yard is the best bet for rare parts and keep checking eBay as well. Welcome!

The local pick n pull parts yard is the best bet for rare parts and keep checking eBay as well. Welcome!
Thx Larry, sport trac is like a corvette or Mustang gt, I seen one in the junkyard about 7 years ago and I bought the front seats and console,mirrors for my 95 B2300 standard cab and has never seen another since. but thanks for the advice I'll keep looking..