Cleaning sujestions needed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score
A year ago, I got a set of low millage blue jacobs plug wires. Came with the SD coil I bought. They came from a member that totaled his trac. With only 5k miles on them. Knock on wood the coil is holding up. The wires are good for used. Checked them with my ohm meter. Spiral core low resistance filament type. Need to install to get full benefit of the coil. But, they are ugly.

They have greasy hand prints all over them. I have tried Contact cleaner(safe for plastics) and alchohol. The grease seems to have stained the blue silicone jacket.

Need some sound Ideas. Even though it is silcone. I dont want to destroy the outer jacket or penetrate it. The outer is less than 1mm thick.

Thanks

High temp paint:banana: he'll you said it's saturated into the silicone, if it's that's bad paint them or get sleeves for them like the Live Wires I have on mine, looks awesome. :haveabeer:

I'm going to split the difference...lol

First try the Simple Green (you might try soaking them in straight Simple Green) then rub them with a Scotch brite pad. If that don't work, all you can do is sleeve them.

...Rich

I forgot about simple green. Used it in the past for grease. Worked well.Might even still have some.

This site is great for joging an old mans memory..LOL

Latest posts