clear corners

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Technically, yes. I'm using Silverstar 3157 blinkers, and they appear bluish when not lit, but bright orange when lit. It's highly unlikely you'll be pulled over for just clear corners if you are using amber bulbs, however it will be more likely if you're using hyper-whites or standard bulbs.

Good question I have been looking through my traffic statutes here in Maine and can not find anything that would make it illegal as long as the illumination was amber. I just bought a pair or corner lights (JDM ones from ebay) and the description says that unlike some of the others they are legal. They look a bit different from some of the others but they are also D.O.T and SAE certified as other members reccomended.

Just thought I would let you all know it best to avoid trying to get the JDM clear corners from ebay seller "kayee...". After 20+ days of not recieving them I contacted the seller who responded that he checked with shipping and was told that the item was found to be defective at time of shipment.(nice of them to let me know) Seller offered a refund. I checked ebay and same exact item was and still is on there. I advised seller of this and he thanked me for letting him know they were still on ebay. That was a week ago and they are still for sale on there. I dont know what is going on here but something is fishy and I would avoid them. I had no choice but to get the refund and agree not to complete the sale. I did however contact ebay about the problem but I have not heard back from them. So now I must find another place to get the corner lights. There are a few others on ebay and thats the only place I can find them so far. My first ever problem with ebay after 2 years and about a hundred items purchased.