Closing the vent - '07 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyB

Reaction score
I know this has been a discussion in the past and now I am starting it up again.

Living in NYC and spending alot of time in traffic I can't stand not being able to close the vent when the heat or defogger is on. It just sucks in the exhaust and makes me sick.

Has anyone figured out a way to do this yet? Any ideas where I should start looking to figure it out?

I would guess that when the selector is in the Max A/C position something is energized and closes the vent door. Has to be a way to do this with an external switch hooked up to the same circuit.

Anyone have and wiring diagrams or info on the '07 yet? I believe Helm Inc. said they are not releasing anything on the '07 ST until November '06. Might just have to wait.

EDIT: I just checked and the 2007 EXPLORER SPORT TRAC WIRING DIAGRAM is out (Price: $63.00) but not the shop manual yet. Click Link and put in Item #: FCS1329807

Any help is appreciated, especially from any electronic or ford guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good question, I am sure it is not too hard to figure out... You could put the ac in max and just change the temp setting to Hot.....

Don't know about any wiring as of yet...

P.S You going to come to the meet this weekend?

Todd Z

I dont think so, about the meet. To much going on. Hope it goes well.

I thought about that with the max ac and the temp on hot but how does that affect the a/c compressor? will it be spinning but the clutch not engaged?

No, the clutch will engage spinning it, IT just will use some more gas....

You could put a bypass switch in the AC circuit, place it on max, then hot, and cut the ac switch ....

Todd Z

I assume you do not have the DETAC?? On mine with the DETAC there is a recirculate button, and it functions whether or not you have A/C selected or not....

No DETAC on mine. I should have gotten it, and now wish I did.

Latest posts