Coastiejoe message for u

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Baltagi

Reaction score
Hey Kevin. Its Sean from mysporttrac.com. i was wondering if you could do a search for me on a complete motor. my head gaskets blew the other day, and i'm wanting to replace the motor. looking for one with low mileage and i'm not looking to spend more that $1000. the engine is a 4.0 SOHC. Can you send me a list of many please. my zip code is 33162 in Florida. Also would you be able to let me know what happened to the trucks of these motors? How do you select a good one? the last thing i want is to get is another motor that has complications.

Thank you so much!

sean

email @ [email protected]

Confirm which one of these you have for me please....

6-245 (4.0L, SOHC), (LHD), exc. flex fuel; (VIN E); 4 Dr, Sport Trac

6-245 (4.0L, SOHC), (LHD), flex fuel (VIN K), 4 Dr, Sport Trac

i guess u could have it. one thing.... after the swap, the mechanic is goin to have it. i'm not sure i want to haul it back to my apartment. and i have no idea how to ship this thing.

Coastie i have the first one... Because my vin starts with an "E"

thanks

OK, here is some ruff ideas. Give me a clue as to the direction you want to head and then I will narrow it down even more for you.

There are 634 good engines within the inventory list. So, we have plenty of options.

Basically an engine with 20,000 to 25,000 miles is running $800 to $1000.

with 60,000 they are running around $650 to $850 ish.

There are a decent amount of engines listed with high miles and running at $500 to $600. High miles being 85,000 and higher.

Let me know your thoughts and I'll get more specific details to you.