code 1400

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
look in the FAQ section

1400 reads

P1400 - DPF EGR Sensor Circuit Low Voltage Detected The EGR monitor checks the DPF EGR sensor signal to the PCM for low voltage. The test fails when the average voltage to the PCM drops to a voltage less than the minimum calibrated value. DPFEGR circuit short to GND

Damaged DPF EGR sensor

VREF short to GND

Damaged PCM

A DPF EGR PID reading less than 0.2 volt with the key ON and engine OFF or running, indicates a hard fault.

your DFPE sensor went south.. Fairly common issue with these... our sponsors will be glad to send you one... HTH

Thnaks for the quick reply! Is the DFPE the sensor with the 2 tubes running in the bottom and a wire plug on the side? If so I changed this last spring,can they go bad this quick? When the pesrrure sensor went out last time the same scanner showed a 401 code.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you bought one from a Ford, Lincoln, or Mercury dealer, the part has a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty. Just take the part and a copy of the invoice to your local dealer, give them the VIN, mileage, and the code, and they should be able to exchange it. Again, that's assuming you bought a Genuine Ford part. Aftermarket, I couldn't tell you.

Is this thing easy to replace myself? It looks like you can just pull the hoses off and unplug the thing...any ideas?

Latest posts