Code Alarm install

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ Lynas

Reaction score
A few weeks ago, I had a smash an grab event and lost the driver door window and my GPS. Ransacked the interior but left my flash computer. So, go get a new window and then stop to have the window tinting. Looking at the alarms, I decided to get the Code Alarm C671. Auto start and motion detectors. I was Mothers Window Tint & Alarm 7.8 hours for what they advertised as 1 1/2hours. The first installer took 4.5 hours he got to the of and asked for my second key. "Dude, why didn't you tell me I needed". The first installer left and a new installer looked at what we did and reworked the wiring, but still, the alarm boxes are just under the lower dash by steering wheel. No screws but stuff in some wiring harness. And now my Satellite is losing signal.

If any one has a second gen ST alarm system done by true professional, where was mounted?

Stay away from Mothers Window Tint and Alarms in Austin Texas.

I had a break in last week, not a smash and grab though, I woke up friday morning, I had left a netflix dvd on the passenger seat, it wasnt there, but I was in a hurry, I just figured it had fallen down to the floor. When I arrived, I noticed the owners manual was on the passenger floor. I never leave that out. I opened the glove box, my sunglass cleaning kit was also missing. I checked the center consol, my ipod was still there, but my multitool was gone. total they got about 65 dollars worth of stuff.

so I went over to the passenger door, I saw a palm print on the door frame, and I noticed some scratches in the rubber window seal, I guess they used a slim jim to open the door, the horn goes off when you do that, so they just grabbed everything they could and ran.

funny thing is, they missed my brand new ipod nano, they missed my tom tom gps, they missed my 200 dollar oakley sunglasses i had left sitting on the dash and there was no damage to the vehicle, so I guess I am lucky.

I ordered the factory alarm, and I am installing a camera to record things at night. I want to find some sort of pager system that will notify me if the door is opened. I plan to move the ipod location to somewhere hidden.

Once I install the factory alarm on my 07, I will do a write up.

Latest posts