Code B1869

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blert

1st Gen Owner
2 wheel drive
2001 job 2
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
"Lamp air bag warning indicator circuit failure"

Bought myself an OBDLinkEX for my birthday. I installed FORScan and went about hooking it up. Didn't think I would find anything as I am not having issues with the truck and no indicators are currently lit up. Wrong. :(

Got code B1869. Anybody seen this before? The airbag light is not on. It does light up with everything else when I start the truck but it goes off as normal. A search does not come up with much other than: burnt bulb (nope), light staying on (nope), or bad ground (not sure). Does anyone know the location of the grounding points I should clean up?

I cleared the codes and disconnected the battery for 30 minutes but the code remains.

Last edited:
Don't know, but nterested in hearing an answer to this one.

yea that is a weird one, did ya try hooking up to a different car to see if it pulls a code.

I did not. I'll see if my neighbor will let me hook his explorer up tomorrow if he is home.

Something I didn't think about until just a few minutes ago is my seatbelt wasn't "on" when I fired up FORScan. It's too dark to muck with it right now so tomorrow I will snap in the seatbelt before I hit the "connect" button. It's monitored by the RSM also so... ?

There are several " body" codes the stupid BCM stores and shows.... truck will be fine and no issues..... Crap design

Didn't have time this past weekend to muck with... maybe tomorrow.

There are several " body" codes the stupid BCM stores and shows.... truck will be fine and no issues..... Crap design
Normally I would agree and move on, but this is in the airbag system. If something is wrong then how can I be sure the airbags will deploy when needed? Do you know of a way to test, short of driving it into a wall? ... But, I guess none of us really know if the airbags will deploy, we just assume they will.

AirBag Testing?
That's a tough one, kinda like Parachute Testing.

AirBag Testing?
That's a tough one, kinda like Parachute Testing.
I was being facetious :)
But in all seriousness, I would prefer the system that controls the airbags to not throw codes. Hopefully the weather will allow me dig around in it this week.

If the lamp is not on, the system is active. If it self tests at startup its fine.

i have a 05 freestar that has had a airbag light on for years i have checked all wiring and went crazy trying to figure why, no codes and no accidents, original owner. forums say its in wiring under seat from moisture. i came to the conclusion its a ford thing. and blert i thought it was funny as in brace for impact..

i have a 05 freestar that has had a airbag light on for years i have checked all wiring and went crazy trying to figure why, no codes and no accidents, original owner. forums say its in wiring under seat from moisture. i came to the conclusion its a ford thing. and blert i thought it was funny as in brace for impact..

Its different when the light is on vs off and the bulb is good.

Latest posts