cold air intake question?????

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Hasledalen 2

Reaction score
I just installed a cold air intake on my 02 trac, my question is...... I wont be able to get a filter for the oil breather till tomorrow, Is it bad to drive it till then (i wont be on any gravel roads)??? also is it normal to have the idle jump around with this mod???

No, it shouldn't be normal to have the idle jump around. Did you disconnect the battery while you installed it? The battery should be off for a bit to let stuff reset.

Did you reconnect the MAF sensor wires?

Are you talking about the "breather mod" when you say filter for the oil breather? It's no problem IF you keep that line connected, if you don't have the breather tube, and the line is not connected, then the idle may jump around as un-metered air is entering the engine.

The IAC valve is working to correct the air flow that the intake is allowing, it can take a little while for it to adjust...

I would try cleaning the IAC as well....

Did you get a "true Cold Air Intake" or just the open filter style ???

Todd Z

I purchased it from navseal2005 here and it is supposed to go threw the fender but when I took the inner fender well cover out there was no room for the filter????? it was odd, so i just put the filter under the hood for now... Should i drill a hole in the cold air intake tube and hook the breather tube back up???????

Brian,

Check out http://www.zabteck.com/install.htm and see if it helps you

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator: