Cold Air Intakes?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Smith

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
I've read too many post to count regarding intake systems: K+N, KKN, MAC, Airaid, Volant, etc., etc. I was wondering if anyone else was having trouble deciding and if there was a simple comparison of prices for the above and any other good ones. I understand that they're all probably good. I'm looking for a bit of a break on milage, that's it. I was set to get a MAC, and I emailed them to ask why the '04 was not listed, and the email I got said I'd have to replace the MAS. Was in an auto parts store and noticed the K+N catalog did not list for the '04. They called K+N, and they said they did not make one for the '04. This was in late '04. Has anything changed?

Thanks.

Nothing's changed. I have a MAC on my '04. Order one for the '03 and it'll fit. The auto parts store just didn't have an up to date catalog for the '04-'05 model years yet. As far as the intakes, nothing changed between '02-'05.

WHat about the 2001 I have read several differing accounts that say all STs are the same intake but then others say the 03 is different from the 01... :wacko:

The 2001 year Sport Tracs were split up into two different types. There's a Job 1 which was built before June 2001 (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) and Job 2 which was built after that month. Ford changed some parts of the engine bay after the Job 1 was produced. Therefore, the 2001 Job 2 and all proceeding Sport Tracs have the same engine design.