Cold Weather(sorta) issues

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshua Mercer

Reaction score
Ok in Orlando its getting cold... well kinda 40-70 range. Anyways this is the first winter season i have with my trac (2004 ST XLT). I just did a quarterly oil change ( Royal Purple 5w-30) w/ K&N Oil Filter.. I just switched from amsoil (just because i couldnt find 5 quarts of the same wieght of amsoil). I will be going back to amsoil next change.. Anywhooo 2 days after my oil change i came out and went to leave my house, cranked the car and after idleing for about 2 seconds (trac in park still) the engine made a short grinding sound. It hasnt happend again so far, didnt know if it was related to royal purple.. I have always been told that royal purple is second best to amsoil. Also i have noticed that every once in a while if i slow down to go over the mountains my nieghborhood calls speed bumps my rpms will drop, the vehicle will shutter but regain. Once again this happens few and far between. Any ideas?:D

Clean the IAC motor and take it from there....

Todd Z

Were you and your neighbors in winter parkas? We're still in shorst at 40 degrees up here in MN eh. Now if you put a - sign in front of that, then we're talking about cold.