Color of front facia

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Graves

Reaction score
I got hit in the rear by a motorcycle a few weeks back. When I got the Trac back they replaced the front facia, rear bumber cover and rear passanger plastic piece under the door. Once I looked it over I noticed the front facia was considerably darker than the rest of the plastic. I bought the Trac new in 03 and don't remember it being almost black. The other pieces they replaced matched. Am I crazy or were they almost black?

DOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! You know, I never thought to look there. Sorry for taking up the space. But I did see an Explorer Sport that looked like it had darker plastic. I wonder if they are just substituting one for the other now. I believe it is an aftermarket piece, not from Ford. Here in Tennessee they don't have to use OEM parts to fix your vehicle. They can come from the aftermarket world or salvage yards. Along with the plastic they replaced the entire rear axle, rear wheel and tire, leaf spring, shock and exhaust.

Yes, I saw him coming up in the rear view mirror. The bike hit the truck hard enough to lift it up in the air. It spun out from under the truck on the passenger side and it ended up under the front bumper. Luckly the guy bailed off about 20 yards behind us and everyone walked away without a scratch.

The sports and even different year ST's have different color cladding...

The body shop ordered the wrong color..

Todd Z

speaking of color cladding, what color do they consider the cladding on my 02 Island blue? It looks more like a tan or a titanium then a true grey

Latest posts