colors

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred Timmons

Reaction score
Does anyone know why they havn't come out with a solid red in the new 07s. Its kinda strange, as the literature shows what looks like a solid red on the cover and yet ony red fire met is availiable.

What you got against Red Fire Metallic?

[Broken External Image]:

Seriously though, I haven't seen many "solid" colors lately by any of the automakers...seems the metallics are all the rage.

And, I was just on the Ford website...no solid red for the ST...just Red Fire or the Dark Cherry.

Last edited by a moderator:
My dad and I have an ongoing friendly feud...he always drives red trucks, I always drive black...we pass the time telling eachother how ugly the other's truck is:D

[Broken External Image]:

I think if you saw the red fire metalic in person you would like it. The only reason I went with a silver trac was that my wifes car was red and I never had silver.

thats fun. my son and I go round and round about blue vs red. I always tell him any color other than red is just primer waiting to be painted red...

Thanks Beach Bum...I like it, and the monochrome package of the XLT's was a nice addition to the ST line. As Fast Eddie said, you probably would like the Red Fire in person. Surprisingly, photos just don't do it justice. And, it changes drastically in looks based on the lighting (cloudy, sunny), and whether or not you have sunglasses on or off when you view it. Mine looks best when it is bright and sunny and viewed through my sunglasses....something about that combo makes for a very "rich" color.

TJR

i am partial to toreador red as we had a 1995 taurus and 99 zx2 in that color. on the new s/t i like the stone metalic

Last edited by a moderator:
The solid red color in the brochures, in my opinion, is a great looking red. But, I think it was a retouch of the red fire metallic, which I own. I like the red fire but also wish they had a solid red color. I like non-metalic colors.

Here's the orange frost that was on display at the 2006 National ST meet in Louisville in June:

80896299e7ab7fed3b3d5c3407258c90.jpg

Latest posts