Completed shackles now on to TT

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Teitell

Reaction score
Ok so i finally finished the shackles and it lookd great and tomorrow i will be doing to Torosion twist, but i have a a question. On nates lift project all it says to do is to tighten then nut and stop at the desired hight until two inches. So if that is all i half to do then why was i told before to buy camber bolts or am i missing something?

Thanks alot yall have been so helpful lately:D

you shouldnt have to buy camber bolts, At least I don think so, just make sure you go get an alignment as soon as your ton lifting it. With any luck I would like to do a TT and shackle myself this summer/spring.... anyone wanna help?... hahahaha

A lot of times with a lifting or lowering you will need to do more adjustment to get the alignment right. This is where the camber bolts/washers come in.

If what others have posted is any indication you will need them, too.

Ok, so can i install them, i am going to warn you i am not the most mechanical person in the world, it took me a total of 5 hours to install the shackles, so would it be better for me to have the alignment shop install the camber bolts?

If you feel you dont have enough experiance..let the shop do it...its not that hard, but they can put them in faster than we can with hand tools..