Coolant Leak

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mario Gagala

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Recently I noticed that my ST is leaking coolant. After a few days of trying to find out where the leak is coming from, it turned out that its coming from the top of the engine. its right behind the thermostat assembly. its to the right side of the metal plug that's in the engine. there seems to be a metal gasket. the leak is coming right from the bottom of the little opening. its hard to emplain it. Im hoping someone knows what im talking about if not i will try to post some pics.

2007 EXPLORER SPORT TRAC

V6 4.0 LIMITED

thank you

-mario

Check the lower thermostat housing first. A flashlight and small mirror might help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mario ... FYI: if its the upper & lower thermostat assembly, thermostat, O ring & gasket you're looking @ $364.15 if you have it done. We've had it done on both our '01 & '05' Gen 1 ST. Could be different price on Gen 2 ST though. Good Luck!

Yeah, just to add, I've got an '05, and my lower thermostat housing went too. evidently its an issue with the SOHC. The $365 one has the sensors in it but you don't need them. just use your old sensors and it'll cost you $80 or so. Replace your upper and thermostat while you're in there anyway. That should fix it. (I apologize for mistakes, I'm on my smartphone.)

Latest posts