Couple Questions about ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex W

Reaction score
I’ve been looking at getting a new vehicle lately and the ST seems to fit all my needs. Right now I’m driving an older sedan, so getting a ST would be a huge jump for me (and a nice on at that :) ). My question is more about maintenance and durability. Normally I would never buy a new car, and only used, but I can get a great deal on a new ST. The used ones around here are about $14-17k for 2001 and $20k for 2003. I’m looking at like $20k for a 2007 regular (special discount). And the 07 is just beyond sexy. I got to see one in person and was completely amazed by it, huge difference between it and the older ones.

Have there been any problems with the ST’s in the past? Are they prone to problems? Are there any future costs that I should be aware of? What does the Ford warranty cover and how well is it? Are there any options that are a must have (like the cover)?

I really love the ST, it’s everything I need and want (a little more than I wanted to spend, but I feel it would be worth it). My main goal was to find a nice truck/suv that would last at least 6+ years, and wouldn’t require a lot of maintenance and have a lot of problems. That was the main reason I didn’t want to buy used, because you never really knew what happened to the car before and what problems would arise.

Thanks in advance for any info you all could give me in making this decision.

-Zidion

If you cant get a new 07, get the 03.

The older ones may have issues.

There may be little things, But most of the 03 and up here are good vehicles.

Covers and accessories you can get cheaper than from the dealer, so I would not concern your self with that..

Todd Z

Zidion, if you go to get an '07 then wait and get it with the power rear window. You will thank us for that. It was a major selling point for me and I love it. Like Todd said, if you don't get an '07 go with a younger model. '03 and later have the "updated" plates in the tranny and some of the problems with the '01 and '02 models were corrected in the '03 and later. Not saying they are without thier own problems but what vehicle doesn't have any problems? You can't go wrong with a ST in my opinion.;)

Definately wait for later '07 with the power rear window.

I'm forcing myself to avoid the dealerships until that make that upgrade. It's been too handy on too many occassions to give up on it.

LG

Thanks for all the replies.

I saw the ones with the power rear window and really liked it. I was rather confused on why they didnt add it to the 07's, anyone know? Also, any idea on when they might be adding it to the 07's?

Latest posts