Cracked Elbow

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Tanner

Reaction score
Well, after 128,000 miles w/o putting a dime into the '02 trac, I had to splurge for a new elbow... the CEL came on, and the code read both banks lean... I went to autozone and picked up a molded hose for it... A few weeks ago, someone wanted a part number to go with the hose.. This thing fit with only having to cut off 1/2" from each end... The P/N is Autozone # 883116 S-3015, for $7.99... the SKU is 37256 00355. Other #'s on the tag were 14-1725-8 S 63641...

Todd Z, can you place this info in the FAQ's? Thx!!

We'll see if the light stays off, I guess...

Thanks for the numbers. I'm going to be doing some PM to the ST and that is on the list to do. Going to look at and replace some common problem stuff before it gets a chance to go bad.;)

ST,

Is that a piece of heater hose ????

IF so, I can not post that as a fix since I know for a fact that heater hose will soften and cause more problems because it will suck flat, it does not have the strength to stay open under the vacuum of the pcv system...

If it is a PCV elbow, since I checked autzones website which shows it as a heater hose, and their site is wrong, Please let me know, I will gladly post it then...

Todd Z

Todd,

it is indeed a piece of heater hose, specifally, a tstat bypass hose off of a car, i guess... i needed it to get my car inspected real quick.. I was not aware that this was not a permanent solution, and i realize you sell the correct hose... I provided the p/n due to a query several weeks ago... Perhaps i should place a spring inside to support it.. Do what you have to do, i guess.... My trac runs a lot better, less pinging, and so far no CEL... I will keep an eye on it, keep you posted.... Thx!!

St,

I don't sell the hoses any more since we have a Ford dealer on board as a Sponsor...

You can insert a spring in there, But I was more concerned for the member that may think it is a permanent fix and has more problems down the road, Thats all, No harm No foul...

Todd Z

ok, your call... some members may not be able to access a dealer quickly, or may be a drive away... i guess a disclaimer could be posted... since i posted it, anyone who does a search will find it and this message, and should be sufficietly advised....

If I can figure a way to write it up quiclky I will post it..

Thanks

Todd Z

St,

It is posted...

Todd Z