Cracked Pleather Center Consol

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Due to "wear and tear" my pleather center consol door/arm rest has cracked and is only getting bigger with time. Any ideas on how i could fix this or replace?

So is it the door side, or the console? (Left ,or right arm if you're in the drivers seat?) I have a problem with the lid of my console startin to crack and peel, stilll haven't figured anything out yet. I believe a couple members have mentioned a guy we can send the lid to who re-covers them. Hopefully someone who knows that info will chime in..

I went to a fabric store and found some similar material of an acceptable color match and recovered mine. Be very careful removing/replacing the screws as they will break. I ended up using a good bit of hot glue to hold it in place while trying to put the retaining cover back on.

There are also some on ebay (used) and some on ebay where you can either send in your door and they will recover it and where you can order the kit and do it your self.

I had the same problem on my '01 lid. I did one of the ebay auctions (like 13 bucks I think) and sent it to them, had it back in about 4 days. Turned out great and was better quality than OE.

The same thing happened on my '00 Explorer. The used ones on Ebay were getting too high, so I did one of the auctions where I took it loose and sent it to them. It only took a few days to get it back and again, the quality was much better than the original.

Thanks guys, that sounds like the way to go.. What should I search on ebay to find this service..?? I did a search and couldn't find it