Craftsman "lifetime" tool warranty??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is it just me or is it harder to get replacement lifetime tool replacment out of Sears. My craftsman staple gun broke at the spot welds last night and Sears replaced it with a $30 plastic Easy Fire stapler with only a 1 year warranty. It was a free exchange so I'm not miff'ed about that, just the craftsman doesn't lifetime warranty all of their hand tools anymore. I wonder what else has limited lifetime now. I realize replacing tools free of charge costs money, and i'm sure some abuse of that policy has taken place. But I was taught young, Sure things in life.... "death, taxes, and craftsman tools" Whats the world coming to??? tongue in cheek.

I would not have accepted a lifetime warranty tool with a plastic POS with a 1 year warranty.

Please give me my money back thank you!!!

Tom

I ran into a couple of problems but I can't really blame it on Sears. I have a lots of old sears tools. They will replace them with the new tool. The problem sometimes is that the new tool isn't made as good as the old tool. On several occasions I decided to keep the broken old tool because it was better than the new one. Still can't beat them for the cost and ease of replacement.

I'm surprised a stapler would have a lifetime warranty. Almost all of my hand tools are Craftsman and I have never had difficulty getting them replaced and they are approaching 40 yrs. old...

They are doing the low end replacements to save money and get out of the life time warranty racket. Sears hasn't been doing good in years. and yet they took on KMart of all businesses, who also has not been doing well in years.... go figure

It's good that they did honor, at least in part the original warranty. can't beat that old warranty of Craftmans though it's a great one, as long as it lasts. ;)

GM, technically it was KMart that bought Sears a few years back. Still, it was more of a merger. At the time I didn't think KMart would have been able to buy anything, so I see your confusion.

As for the lifetime warranty...it's too bad Sears is reverting to 1 year warranty, and other practices to reduce the value of their product line.

A sign of the times.

TJR

My brother recently took a couple split craftsmans sockets in for replacment. The clerk and manager said he abused them, so no replacment. Pissed him off so bad, he threw them down the ilse to the next department and left. He now buys AZ or Harbor Freight lifetme tools.

I see people at flea markets always looking for broken Craftsman tools than trade them in on new tools.

Have split a couple sockets over the yrs (craftsman), never took them back.

Not good to use non-impact sockets with an impact wrench:( my fault.

My brother-in-law said, as we were working on a deck the other day "time to trade in my tape for a new one at Sears" as he fought to retract his Craftsman tape measure.

I just laughed as my 30 year old Lufkin that my grandfather handed down to me retracted like new.

TJR

As others have stated, I have never heard of a lifetime warranty on a stapler???

Because it says Craftsman does not mean it is automatically given a lifetime warranty. The only Craftsman tools with a lifetime warranty are Hand tools, like wrenches, hammers, pliers, sockets, etc.

I have had numerous Craftsman handtools replaced with no questions asked. I have received replacement for a shattered 1/2" socket square drive on a 24" breaker bar, Apair of slip/joint pliers, and several broken sockets.

...Rich

Latest posts