Crappy Service Dealer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rey Taylor

Reaction score
Man all I have to say is Freehold, NJ FORD SUCKS. So I dropped my car off Sunday night to have my chain tensior or belt whatever its called fixed under warranty. I also requested an oil change and tire rotation. They told me the car will possibly be done on monday afternoon or early Tuesday, because its a long job.

I get a call monday an they tell me it won't be done until Tuesday late morning early afternoon....ok no problem.

Tuesday afternoon...no call yet, time to go to work, so I call ford. Guy tells me they need a new gasket cause if he puts it together the way it is the truck will "spew" oil everywhere. Ok i guess one more day won't kill me I'll find someone to bring me to work. I asked what time it will be done Wednesday(today). He tells me if the part comes in on the morning run he will have it done by 11AM if not sometime in the afternoon. No time did he say it might not get done today.

I get home around 5:30 today...no call from Ford. I call the lady at the desk has no paper work for the car so its not done and everyone in the serivce department is gone for the day....WTF....I didnt get a call about what the status is when it should have been DONE by now. I asked to speak to a manager she tells me that none of them are part of that department and won't be able to help me at all. I ask for a corporate number. What do you know they are closed too.

Now I have to wait ANOTHER day to get my truck back. This is rediculous. Anyone know anyone I can call high up in the food chain. Freehold Ford Sucks.

After the job is done, you should receive a survey from the dealer or ford. These seem to be very motivating and seems to strike some amount of panic in the dealer. Ford has no control over the dealer and will recommend you try another for your service needs. Been there.

if its the timing chain rattle repair, it took my dealer 3 days to fix also.. as long as there are no problems after the repair i usually don't care how long it takes.. quality not speed... remember the mechanic is only getting paid book rate, so he's not getting rich off the work..

troy

Spaceman is right.. Let them have it on the survey! We did that once on my old Taurus and got a call from the higher ups from Ford less than a week later. -Heather

Ditto on Spaceman's comment. Ford bases additional compensation to their dealers based on the survey results. It can mean the difference between get the standard PAC or up to a 5% PAC for the preferred dealers.

I just vented on the dealer report card...I feel your pain. I can't wait to get my survey:angry:

Rainman, that really is bad customer service,

and Yes ANY "Manager" can take a customer call if there is an issue going on.

Collect your thoughts, write them down, what you took your vehicle to the dealership for and with dates and time and what you were told.

Call these folks, and "calmly" explain your situation, and have the dealers name, address and phone number handy. I'm sure they will call that dealership.

Ford Motor Company

Customer Relationship Center

P.O.Box 6248

Dearborn, Michigan 48126

1-800-392-3673(FORD)

TDD for the hearing impaired:1-800-232-5952

Monday - Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM local time

btw, After I bought my 04, my dealership sent me only 1 survey. My complaint was not about the sale, but about my paint on my truck that somebody buffed and left swirl marks and even a burn in the paint. I took it to a body shop to make sure I was just not being picky (since it was brand new) It would take 485 bucks to make it right again.

I did take it back to the dealership as they wanted to make it right, (or so they said) All they did was cover it up. Never got it fixed. I was pretty mad about my swirl marks, The dealership customer service manager's only reply when I spoke to him on the phone, was "Ford's paint is not like what is on an Infinity or Mercedes" You can bet I got his first and last name. I filled out the survey, Still, I never heard from them or FORD. ...I guess sometimes they (FORD) listens....BUT not always. The dealership I bought from has high sales. I guess that is all that really matters to them, it sure was not the customer service AFTER the sale when there was a problem that mattered. I'll never go back to that dealership for that one reason.

One day these dealerships will get a clue, that repeat business, comes from Excellent, Honest, Fair Customer Service but all it takes is that "one time."

Thanks Earnhart Ford, Tempe, Az

Last edited by a moderator:
The survey is a load of crap. They don't care what you think or say. I bet you send it in and never hear from them again. That is what happened to me.

When you go in to pick it up, just cause a big scene. With a packed showroom watching, start yelling like a mad man throwing out a lot of swear words. That might actually hit them in the wallet.

The Hawk

HAH Well I got the car today FINALLY. Well i drive it to my gf's house an we hang out for a while. It drove wonderful. no problems at all. Well i go home get about halfway home and i see some smoke coming from under the hood, and it smells like coolant. Ok well maybe its burning a little bit of spilled stuff off, no bigge. Next traffic light i come to a stop even more is coming out. Now i'm getting worried an try to get home quick. Pull it in the drive way open the hood....smoke everywhere. look under neath an looks like there is fluid on the ground. I go to get a flash light and look underneath and there is radiator fluid EVERYWHERE from the front to the back of the car!!!!!! I go start it up to move it in the street to save the driveway, and the temp gauge is PAST red and the check gauge lights is on and the truck sounded real nasty when it started up. What the hell do i do now.

Yep call the service manager and tell him make it right or your next call is to the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center in Dearborn, MI.

Now because my car was over heating like crazy is there any possibility my engine was seriously damaged? and if so how would i know. I dont trust this dealership anymore.

Take it to a different dealer if you REALLY feel like you can't trust the original. It is a gamble, but if the new dealer can see your repair order and can see negligence then they will fix whatever is wrong, note the repairs and the negligence, and then you pay and get reimbursed by the other dealer.

I did this ONCE when I had heat gaskets replaced by an out-of-state dealer while on a business trip, and on the return trip home got a CEL, and the local dealer fixed it (sensor not connected or some such). Anyway, the diag, labor, etc cost $100+ and I wasn't going to pay for it.

I did get reimbursed from the other dealer.

As long as both are certified shops you DO have that option.

However, it isn't for the faint of heart, because sometimes I think the dealers don't like to say ANYTHING negative about other shops work.

TJR

Latest posts