Crazy Story!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirk Montez

Reaction score
Thought I would share this "rip off" story.... Took my trailblazer down to a shop to get the pads replaced and the rotors turned, because the rotors were warped because I was getting that stop go feeling on the brakes when coming to a stop when the rotors are warped or need turning. 99 bucks I was like thats cool, save me some time. They called me back later and told me it would cost 389 dollars because the rotors were to thin to turn. I was like put it back together I will do it myself, they wanted 90 dollars a rotor, autozone had them for 35 dollars a rotor. Anyways took it apart saturday, pads were find, rotors were "great" just needed turning, they had never even been turned or taken off the truck still had thefactory clips to hold them on. Had them turned and put them back on. Cost me 20 bucks! That 389 was a total rip off!!! Good thing I didn't take their advice! Its a good thing i am cautious with mechanics.. BE CAREFUL!!!!

Kirk

Similar situation a few yrs back at Tread Quarters. Asked for rotor turn. Their diagnosis

was tie rods and ends....($300+)wrong! When they finished, problem was still there.

Did the rotor turn....problem solved. I stayed and watched the entire episode

evolve....crooks....'bout as bad as Jiffy Loob......:wacko:

Yea I just turned my rotors and my issue was fixed. My biggest issue is they said my rotors were to thin to have turned.. they had never been turned and after we measured them at checker's they had plenty of meet the whole project costed me 20 dollars. RIP OFFS!!!:angry:

Latest posts