Cruise control lights?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H C

Reaction score
Hello all. I just bought a 2004 ST a couple of weeks ago. I noticed something this morning on my way to work that I wanted to ask about. The cruise control buttons on the right (the set, resume, coast [i think that's the bottom button]) all light up when the headlights are on, but the buttons on the left (the cruise on and off buttons) do not. Do yours? If they should, I'll take it to the dealership and have them fix it. If they don't, I won't worry about it. It might sound a little anal, but like I said, I've had it 2 weeks. :p

Thanks!

Yes they should light up......

The power mirror and headlight switch do not......

Hope this helps..

Todd Z

On a similar topic.

One of my minor gripes of the ST: why aren't the light buttons on the overhead console lit? If it's dark enough to need the overhead lights, it's too dark to find the buttons. :p

Thanks Todd. That does help. I'll take it and have them fix that.

Thanks!

Ron,

Good idea. I may have to take a closer look at it.

(Sorry about hijacking your thread, nuit5).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah they do light up, nuit5. Mine went out too just recently, on my 04, but had it fixed under warranty.

Thanks, FlipTrac. I did find out the whole cruise control harness has to be replaced, so I'll be trying to get that replaced under my extended warranty. Thanks again!