Cruise Control Recall

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Art Garcia

Reaction score
a few years ago when i received the Recall letter from Ford i immediately took my truck to the shop.

they hooked up some kinda switch and zip tied it to that FX4 module behind the battery.

now the ST came factory equipped with the red colored cruise control brake sensor switch that plugs into the master cylinder. im leaking brake fluid through that so i read Paul H. cruise control switch project which made me think that when ford fixed that recall. shouldnt they have had switched that red brake sensor too. isnt that the main cause for the recall issue.

they are charging me about 60 bucks. part and labor and tax included to change that switch.

are they still held responsible for that issue since it was a recall??

Last edited by a moderator:
The harness (wire/fuse, cheesy) they put on during the recall was cheaper for Ford than replacing the problem switch. My guess is that you'd have a hard time ever getting them to replace the switch on their dime. You could change the switch yourself and save some $.

At the time the vehicle is taken in for the recall IF and only IF the switch was leaking it was replaced with the black switch. The leaking switch is what poses the fire hazard. The switches are about $20-25. I doubt you'll get them to change it for free. If the switch was leaking at the time of the recall there were other things to inspect.

Lift vehicle, if necessary, inspect SCDS harness connector

for presence of brake fluid, inspect and apply electrical

grease to the SCDS and servo electrical connectors, and

replace SCDS.

c014b569fb2bee0e3f27f0b6e2f97a55.jpg

1L1Z-9F924-AA (Motorcraft SW6350) 2001 - 2002 FORD EXPLORER SPORT TRAC

3L3Z-9F924-AB (Motorcraft SW6349) 2003 - 2005 FORD EXPLORER SPORT TRAC

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts