Cruise Control Switches

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa Sharon

Reaction score
Hi there . . . new member. Just purchased a used 2001 Sport Trac. It has a few issues I need to address. Since I'm "new" to this site, forgive me if I have posted in an incorrect category.

I have to replace the cruise control switches on the steering wheel. They are getting power, as I recently discovered while on the freeway the other day. However, you can't even see what's written on the buttons any longer and one is completely worn down.

I want to purchase a "used" set on ebay, but can't seem to determine which part numbers will be compatible. I've called two different Ford dealers and EACH gave me a different compatible part number.

Does anyone know how I determine the correct numbers to fit my vehicle?

Changing out the switches is easy - I've already had it apart and taken a photo of the part numbers. I just need to know what replacement numbers will work.

If it will help to complete the project, I will post photos of the parts I currently have.

THANK YOU ALL! Looking forward to learning more about this cool vehicle!

Lisa

IMO, dont go used parts, when dealing with switches and electrical.

Check ebay and amazon for new ones.

Its an easy fix. You can pick them up on Amazon for $70 all day long. Takes about 20 minutes to do. Don't go used. They wear out too easily and new ones are cheap enough to replace. They use the same switches in about 5 different Ford lineups so they are all pretty universal.

My '05 Sport Trac XLT needs these buttons, but the item pictured for Motorcrfaft SW5928 in the Amazon listing shows somewhat flat tops. The listing says it fits my vehicle, but my unit has a pointed top like Motorcraft SW5928 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C5DUN2/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=).

Help!

Get the ones that look right. I had a problem with the switches for a 2003. Amazon said one thing, and it was the wrong switch. I think my comments are still on Amazon...

Latest posts