Custom Sub Enclosure

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, Ive been browsing ebay and this site for enclosures I can put in my ST. But just dont really like the pricing for just a box. I went to Lowes and a sheet of 3/4" MDF sells for 22 bucks. So, I decided to build my own. I did some measuring just now, but feel a bit uneasy about one or two measurements. Does anyone have some solid measurements they know work? Help another DIY'er out.

Enrique,

Welcome to the site !!!

I don't have the measurements for you, But a member here JD boxes is a site sponsor and makes custom boxes for the ST...

You may be able to return the MDF and get a box from him to save some time..

Todd Z

Hey JD, if your in the market of building boxes again. I know I'd surely like to get a dual 10" enclosure for behind the seat.

I don't do any underseat boxes. There are lots all over ebay for around the same price as what I would charge.

I'm only half in buisness again, my turn around times are much worse than they used to be, but I can still make them if people want them just have to be patient.

For pictures and prices goto my website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I went ahead and bought the MDF for 20 bucks from Home Depot, that includes all the cuts. Yes, it is going to involve some labor on my part, but its worth saving 60 to 100 dollars. But, I am still open to the possibility of eating my own words:D So I will post of pic of finish work for those considering on doing the same.

I think Jeff C has some dimensions in his library.

Before cutting the wood, it'd be a good idea to get some thick cardboard and mock up a box. The noncorrugated cardboard is best. You usually only need to make four sides, leaving the front and back off. Use a few gussets on the inside to maintain the proper angles. It's cheaper to screw up a cardboard box then MDF. I've used this process many times in the past and it saves tons of headaches.

Latest posts