custom upholstery pics and price

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallas Starr

Reaction score
Well my molding in the gauge pod went quite well but I am not able to match the wrinkled effect as well as exact color the way I would like so I am going to go another route. I am thinking I am going to get my a-pillars upholstered along with possibly the b-pillar and the back plastic pieces.

I was wondering if anyone has done something like this and has pics and prices. Thanks.

Dallas

They are probably going to use a foam backed material. You may be able to spray some 3m glue on the plastic and cover it your self.

just a thought.

Todd Z

I covered mine in suede. My pillar gauges arent covered though. It was hard to make the fabric flat enough without it looking bad. I just painted it black with a clearcoat.

[Broken External Image]:

How much was your suede headliner? I have been wanting to do mine for awhile but just havnt had the time to check into it. Did you do it yourself or have it done by a shop.

Recovering the A-pilalrs with the pods won't be easy, and chances are, it wo'nt be seamless. There is just too much difference in the 'topography' of the pillars with the pods.

What fabric did you want to cover it in? Even if it were really stretchy, you'd still have problems. So, chances are, it won't be cheap.

I paid $50/yard. I did it with a friend. He had all the other materials needed to do it so I only had to buy the fabric and beer. Cost was around $275.

Nah I wrapped the pillars and he did the headliner. I messed up a couple times since it was a 1st attempt.