Dallas: How far of a drive?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Phillips

Reaction score
So how far of a drive will it be?

I was trying to figure up how much it'll cost me to get down there, and up to Missouri, and this is what I came up with. (and this is just driving, not counting meals and the hotel)

According to Mapquest, it will be about a 372 mile trip one way from Wichita to Arlington for me, then I'm planning on going to Fulton MO from there which will be a 650 mile trip. I figured it up, and depending on how well Jade does on fuel economy, I might be able to squeeze out just under a tank for the trip to Arlington if I can get 19 MPG or better. And, from bone dry, if gas is around $3.109 a gallon (HOPEFULLY LESS!) It'll cost about $66.84 per tankful (ouch...).

If I were going, here is the breakdown:

Akron to Dallas is 1167 Miles one way. So at 20 MPG, it would take about 116 gallons for a round trip. At $2.75/gallon it would cost me $319.00 round trip.

It isn't the gas or the mileage holding me back, it is the fact that I have to work for a living.

Tom

No way I could swing the time. Breaks down to 4 days of travel for me.

Wish I could be there...

Distance: 1256.2 miles Approximate Travel Time: 19 hours 19 mins

Comming from Sacramento too. We're going to Kingman, AZ the first day, and not sure how far we'll get each day as we want to be travelers not tourists. Also, my wife :wub: is under doctors orders to take a stretch break every hour :eek:, so we'll see how that goes (the dog will like it :D.

Would like to meet some of those that can't make it to Dallas. Sorry you can't be there. :(

Already have my vacation planned for a week backpacking trip in the Grand Canyon. Maybe next year, guys.

It'll be a 1,070 mile drive to Dallas, then an additional 455 miles to Clovis, NM. Return trip should be aprox 1,530 miles. Looking at 3,055 miles round trip. cost of gas ONLY about $650.00:eek: This doesn't look at cost of rooms for the trip and meet, plus meals, Sportrac events. We'll be in the poor house come Christmas. Not to mention my brother's cancer is bringing him near the end, so looking at another trip to Clovis in the near future:( However, we are very fortunate that he has survived this long and I want to see him alive at least one more time.

1104.03 mls mapquest says 16 hrs 17 min, I'm hoping to do it in 14hrs

Rodger, what day will you three be in Kingman?

Last edited by a moderator:
Roughly 1500 miles based on current detoured route. Currently, Miami to Mobile, Mobile to Birmingham, Birmingham to Arlington.