Dan Marino Autographed Football with COA

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Schwartz

Reaction score
Been selling off my collectibles recently for money for college. I need to have everything out of here before the 6th of september...

I have a 100% authentic with a Certificate of Authenticity from SSD sports a reputable company that has been in business for 13+ years.

Check out the link below

http://www.zjstech.net/~library/13059/DSC00075.JPG

Asking $100 shipped OBO. Email me at [email protected] with any questions

Greg,

The real problem is that it has been shown that over half the sports memorabilia and especially autographs are fakes and so are the Certifications Of Authantisity. Many autographed footballs, baseballs and basketballs are produced by autographing machines.

Everyone who sells these items will swear they are authentic until it's proven the are fakes, and then they claim that the person they bought it from assured them it was legitimate.

I'm not claiming your autographed footballs are fakes, it's just possibly that many others are aware of the high risk of buying a fake, and that's why there is no big rush to buy them. The bigger the sport's figure is, the greater the risk that it's a fake.

...Rich

True, unless its a reputable company. I dont trust those cheesy printed off the computer COAs. Rich i dont know if your insinuating anything. I am not out to get people and rip them off, simply selling a few things before i go back to school on the 5th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg,

No I am not insinuating that your football or the signature is a fake. I am only pointing out that many people know the risk of buying sports celebrity autographs even with COA's, and that may be why you are not getting a better response from potential buyers.

Remeber, that the COA is not much harder to counterfit than the autographs, and there only a few true experts who can verify a genuine autograph and a genuine COA.

The was a program on TV recently where a guy found a ticket stub for the NY Yankees 34th home game in 1934. That was the game where Lou Gehrig announce his retirement from baseball because of ALS. The game was played on July 4, 1939 and the back of the ticket contained the hand written date and what appeared to be Lou Gehrig's.

It took the guy a lot of searching to find all the experts to evaluate the ticket only to find that the ticket was genuine but the signature was similar but was not authentic. They even examined the possibility that his ALS had caused his signature to change. They verified a letter he sent to his doctor on July 16, 1939 and confirmed that his handwriting had not changed enough to cause the alterations in the signature on the ticket.

Just food for thought.

...Rich

i know what your saying theres lots of scammers out there thats why i purchased all my memorabilia plaques and other autographed items from reputable sources. When there is money involved people will be scandalious

Greg,

Do not email me at home and imply thay I am trying to sabotage your sale. I have nothing to hide, so if you wish to discuss it do it here.

I made no statements that implied that your autographs were fake, I was only posting to explain to you why some people may not be interested in your autographed footballs. Autographed items and COA's have been faked and fooled many of the so-called experts. You may be convinced they are genuine, and who you bought them from may be convinced they a genuine, tec... and they may indeed be genuine. I am not a sports memorabilia or autograph expert so I would not if they were genuine or not.

The simple fact is that more than 50% of all sports memorobilia, and especially autographs are fakes, would make anyone to take precausions. I did not say that yours are fakes or that nobody should buy your autographed footballs. I was not even directing my remarks to any potential buy, but too you to make you aware of why members may not be interested in buying autographed sports memorabilia from a stranger over the Internet. The are no guarantees or safety nets. Even ebay gives the buyer some protection against fraud.

Again, let me state that I am not saying your autographed footballs are fraud, or genuine nor does a COA guaranteed the articles a genuine.

...Rich

Calm your nerves and quit cluttering the thread of an item that has already been SOLD. I have no need to indulge you any furthur.

-Greg

Greg,

I'm glad you sold it. I guess that proves my point that I was not trying to turn customers away from your sale.

It's funny that you did not appear to get angry until after you emailed me and I told you not to email your complaints. That sounds like someone who is trying to slither under a rock.

...Rich