Dash Buzz At Start Up

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Stewart

Reaction score
Hello I have had a strange buzz that only occurs at start up when first starting up in my 04 trac. Thought it was a weak battery so bought new Deca with 850 cca. No go on fixing it, it seems to occur in both warm and cold weather. HVAC both on and off, radio both on and off. If you start it and let it idle then turn it off and then immediately restart it will not buzz, but if it sits for more than a few minutes it reoccurs. Only lasts a few seconds and seems to have no ill effects just annoying. Thanks for any and all assistance.

Are you using an XCAL? I had that once and it turned out to be something in one of the tunes I got from Torrie M. Emailed him and told him what was happening and he sent me a new tune. It was a tune that I hadn't used before (91 perf) and when I did decide to try it the buzzing started. It sounded like it was coming from the left side of the steering wheel somewhere behind the light switch.

I remember something like that when I pulled out the cluster power fuse. Write down your trip mileage, if you care bout it, and try pulling the fuse.

Latest posts