Dash Lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreman

Reaction score
I'm starting to lose the dash lights on my Trac one by one. I lost one a few months ago, but the others took up the slack ok. Then I lost another, and it's starting to get a little dim. I think I lost a third one, since the bottom half of the gauge cluster is dark now. And the lights for the AC/Heat controls don't come on at all anymore. The owners manual suggest taking it to the dealer to get the dash lights fixed. Anyone have any idea what the number for the dash light bulbs is?

If you go to autozone or someplace similar there is usually a book to look them up. If you click my wrench I did a project on replacing them, but apparently different years used different bulbs so double check.

There are 16 illumination lamps in the instrument cluster.

For 2003 - p/n F57Z-13B765-BA, about $8.40 each, over the counter here. Any wrecking yards nearby with ST's or Sports?

I replaced the lights in mine dash and climate control with plug and play LED's. I got them from ebay, but it was awhile ago and I don't remember the part # or seller. I also don't remember there being 16 of them, at least not in my 01. I think there were 3 or 4 in the climate control and maybe 8 in the dash? I bet the 16 being counted includes all the indicator lights and stuff, most of which are rarely on and shouldn't be burned out yet, if ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Ford number is for the bulb & holder. Can you not pull the little bulbs out and replace just them? Used to be able to do that and the bulb number was 37 and/or 73.

1870c34dd117615a8297092325186505.jpg

Latest posts