dash upper defroster duct removal

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kil roy

Reaction score
how hard is it to remove the upper defroster duct so i can spot the keyless entry code?

Last edited by a moderator:
wp23n, just a suggestion, if you are still on a same topic, like the keyless entry code, don't start a new tread, keep posting in the old one so people know what you are looking for etc.

second point. You have an 01. You will need to figure out if you have a Job 1 or a Job 2. The codes for those two are in different spots. If you so a search for Job 1 or Job 2 you will find out how to tell what you have. For a Job 1 the code will be behind the rear seat panel. For the Job 2 it will be behind the passenger side airbag module.

Olaf

sorry but i figured this group was like all the other groups i belong to

where a new question warrants a new topic.

"hence this upper deforster duct removal " thread

i have already determined that mine is in fact job 2 which i found out via a search

but when i searched for how to remove the upper duct i found now answers.

so i started the new thread.

SOOOOO do you know how to remove the duct?

I believe most just removed the glove box door, and either the airbag or there was a way to lay under there and read it.....

Just disconnect the battery for 10 min first...

Todd Z

you know i was thinking and looking at the duct. a friend of mine has a bore scope

and im wondering if that will fit down in there enough to read the code?