Daytime running light installation problems

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOWELL DOERR

Reaction score
I have installed the Pt#F8AZ-13B218-AA.

I CANNOT GET THIS KIT TO WORK PROPERLY!...I HAVE TRIED 3 REPLACEMENT UNITS AND NONE OF THEM WORK PROPERLY...AND I HAVE TO PULL THE INLINE FUSE TO SHUT THE ENGINE OFF AFTER ACTIVATING THE HEADLIGHTS!...AND THE HEADLIGHT SHUT OFF RATHER THAN GO TO FULL BRIGHTNESS WHEN THE ENGINE IS NOT RUNNING AND THE LIGHT SENSOR IS COVERED!.....i COMPAIRED WIRING TO ANOTHER VEHICLE WITH THE EXACT KIT AND THE WIRING IS INSTALLED PROPERLY!..HELP!

By any chance do you have an aftermarket alarm, remote start, fog lights, or anything like that, EVEN stereo stuff.....

Did you do the fog lights on with brights mod???

ALL of that if installed incorrect will cause the issue your having...

OR a wire is wrong...

Todd Z

If this is the kit from Ford... we couldn't get ours to work either. We got the auto headlight/DRL kit and it wasn't working at all. The lights wouldn't come on when they needed to... they would be at full brightness for the DRLs. The overdrive off function wouldn't work all the time, and if you were to use it o/d off it would sometimes shut off the headlights and it really screwed with the fog lights. It was just a big pile of $100 in my opinion. I pulled it out as soon as I could so these would be solved and it could have even started a fire in my opinion.

So it's not just you bud... lol

Mickey

Latest posts