Dealer closing

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ottis Pyron

Reaction score
Just learned today that the dealership where i purchased my 07 trac is shutting its doors Oct 15..that sucks..now i will have to decide on which dealership in the area to take the Trac for service and warranty work..which has me concerned..since i didnt buy from them why would they want to go out of their way to do my work

nope, your done, sell the trac, Buy something from some where else... :eek::eek:

Seriously, You should be fine.... The new dealer will get all the work, they should be happy...

Todd Z

I don't take my trac to the place that I bought it and nobody cares. Warranty work is warranty work, why would they not take the money they make fixing your car? I could see if the dealer offered you one of their warranties but that's it.

On rare occasions have I ever gone back to the dealer I bought my vehicles from. You should have no issues.

I suggest going in and talking to the Service Manager, introduce your self and explain that your dealer is closing and was wondering if he would service your Trac. Based on how he treats you, make your choice on where to go.

Consider yourself lucky that you have somewhere else to go. I live in the boonies and have no choice. I have one Ford dealership nearby and it is a very small one and so far I get the impression that they hate doing warranty work. The next closest one is about 2 hrs away.